Saturday, March 19, 2011

What are you expecting from life???

So, this morning I woke up with this thought in my head, "Surely, goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." Psalm 23:6 This verse is very familiar to all of us since it is quoted so frequently, especially at funerals. Lately, I have been taking inventory of my mind and heart. What I have found is that my attitude needs some adjusting. I have always been a "realist". What is that? Well, it is a pessimist trying to justify their attitude toward life. Don't get my wrong, I don't believe we should all be skipping through the roses but some of us need our hope renewed and our souls rekindled. The fact is life is hard, sometimes it's downright catastrophic. This world is filled with all sorts of evil. When natural disasters happen like the ones in Japan, it should be a vivid reminder that we are not meant for this world. Even in the mist of such pain we should not abandon our faith. We should not abandon hope. Pain, difficult circumstances, heartache- comes to us all. If you have air in your lungs you have experienced hurt. The one difference I see is our attitudes, which takes us back to the verse. Do I expect goodness and love to follow me all the days of my life??? When I hear a noise in the van do I immediately think, "OH Great! Now the car is going to break down!" Or do I think, " Well, I'm not sure what that is but I know God is going to work it out" I am the world's worse at thinking the worse. God bless my husband because he really keeps me grounded in this area! He is one of those people who "skip through the roses" :) Sometimes, it's just so aggravating! I want him to come to the dark side and wallow in the "what if's" and he refuses. It doesn't matter what the problem is, he is unshaken and knows that God will work it out. He is a great example to me and our girls! I want to be like that! To wholeheartedly trust the Father with everything in life. To speak with faith, hope and love. I want to expect good things in life. I want to have the same attitude of King David, "SURELY, SURELY goodness and love will follow me ALL my days."

No comments:

Post a Comment