Thursday, June 3, 2010

What do you have just one of?

I have one nose, one heart, one stomach (thank GOD), and one mouth :) and one life. There are no 'do-over's'. Even if one of these body parts become sick there are things that can be done. There are surgeries, medication, etc. But at the very end...I mean the VERY end, we haven't found a cure for death. You are born, you live, and then everyone dies. It's sorta depressing when put that simply. It seems like preparing to die is part of living. Yet none of us want to really talk about it.
Ecclesiastes 7: 2 " It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart."

Psalm 39: 4-5 "Show me, O Lord, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life. You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Each man's life is but a breath."

We all have one life, one set of 24 hours in a day, what are we doing with our lives?? Are we making a difference? Are we pointing others to the ONLY WAY,TRUTH, and LIFE?? If we call ourselves CHRISTIAN we hold in our hands the GREATEST truth ever known to man. We are rich beyond measure, we are blessed beyond words, we are loved, protected, and comforted by the creator himself. One day we will ALL stand before the ONE whose eyes are like a consuming fire and give an account of how we spent our days. Death is not the end but only the beginning of the true life GOD always planned for us to have. I believe God uses death to remind us that there is more...so much more. A beautiful, eternal life we can't even imagine!!

Father, may we not waste our time or our lives. May we seek you everyday and allow your LOVE to flow from us. Give us your eyes so we may SEE needs that are right in front of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment