Wednesday, May 19, 2010

why blog?

I have found, in recent years, the joy of writing. I enjoy the process just as much as the finished product. Writing helps me express my most inward thoughts about GOD, family, church, and life in general. These past few months I have really been aware of the power of our written and spoken words. Many people feel words have no power. However,I must disagree. Words have tremendous power in our lives. They can do extraordinary things like inspire a nation or they can do unimaginable evil like crush a child's spirit.

Proverbs 12:18 "Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing."

So, are we using our words to "pierce" others or do our words bring "healing"? It is an extremely difficult thing to tame our tongues but if we choose to do it, GOD will use our lives in amazing ways. Let's use our words for good and not evil this day!

Ephesians 4:29"Do not let any unwholesome talk come our of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kristi...welcome to the world of blogging. I enjoy writing also & of course posting pics of my little one! Look forward to reading more from you! Stop by anytime to take a peek at my blog. Hope you are doing well.
    Grace & Peace
    Marian

    ReplyDelete